First, I want to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day – the perfect day to fly that beautiful American flag with pride. Make sure you thank someone today for their service and for protecting our great country (that invented baseball!).
The Cubs (34-14) are riding a five game winning streak going in to the four game series against the Dodgers (27-24). This is going to be a fun series because, well, it’s the Dodgers and they’re good. Oh, and it’s officially SUMMER!!!
There is no better place to spend the summer than in Chicago and there is no better ballpark than the incredible Wrigley Field. This, my friends, is going to be a spectacular summer on the north side, cheers!
Game times and broadcast info
- Monday, May 30 at 4:05 PM CDT on WGN
- Tuesday, May 31 at 7:05 PM CDT on ABC 7, ESPN (out of market only)
- Wednesday, June 1 at 7:05 PM CDT on CSN, ESPN
- Thursday, June 2 at 1:20 PM CDT on CSN
What to watch for
- The Cubs offense, after a tough 4-5 road trip, is back in high gear. They’ve scored 38 runs during their current five game win streak and now have a +131 run differential.
- The Cubs will not have to face the Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw (7-1, 1.56 ERA) in this series and that’s a nice break. He’s been nearly un-hittable all year and is currently the number one pitcher in the league not named Jake Arietta.
- Ben Zobrist is on a 15-game hitting streak. In fact, he’s only had two games in the entire month of May when he didn’t get at least one hit. His slash line in May is .421/.496/.684 – that’s just plain sick!