Cubs @ Pirates: Series Preview – Sept 26-29; TV & Game Info, Pitching Match-ups, More
Here we go folks. The last road trip of the 2016 regular season. The Chicago Cubs (99-56) travel to Pittsburgh to take on the Pirates (77-78) and, admittedly, this series isn’t quite as significant as many thought it might at the beginning of the season. Popular opinion had this series being played for the National League Central title. Instead, the Cubs are cruising to the 100 win mark while the Pirates must grow accustomed to the idea that they will be watching October baseball instead of playing it.
Game times and broadcast info
- Monday, September 26, 6:05 PM CT on CSN
- Tuesday, September 27, 6:05 PM CT on CSN
- Wednesday, September 28, 6:05 PM CT on CSN
- Thursday, September 29, 6:05 PM CT on WGN
What to watch for
- The Cubs have absolutely dominated the Pirates this year, sporting a 12-3 record over them. They swept them 3 of the 5 series they’ve played this year, dropping only one series to them. If the Cubs can continue to have that same type of success over this series, we may be talking about 105 wins soon.
- Rob Zastryzny will make his first major league start on Thursday for the Cubs. He was a starter in the Cubs minor league system so he’s comfortable in the role. He also came on in Los Angeles on August 27 against the Dodgers and pitched 3.2 innings while holding them to a single hit.